Product: Fire 7 Tablet
Colors: Black, Canary Yellow, Marine Blue, Punch Red
Storage: 8G or 16G
Battery: Up to 8 hours
Other: With or Without Special Offers, microSD slot, Alexa, rear and front cameras
Warranty: 90 Day Limited or purchase a 1, 2 or 3 year warranty
First impressions are usually the most important, right? There is no set up required, the tablet is ready to go right out of the box. Just connect your Amazon account and away you go. You’re able to play games, listen to music, watch TV and movies with the Amazon streaming services. You can read Kindle ebooks or listen to Audible books with or without Bluetooth headphones. If you’re an Amazon Prime member, most if not all of these come with your membership.
The difference I saw immediately from the previous generation of Fire 7 tablets was it felt lighter, includes Alexa, and I may be mistaken, but it seemed a bit faster. Only a bit. Looked good for a cheap tablet. In fact, felt pretty sturdy, too.
The Good – Pros
- Books, Music, Videos, Games all on one device
- Front and rear facing cameras
- Pretty Sturdy
The Bad – Cons
- Cheap – you get what you pay for
- Speakers and cameras definitely not high quality
- Limited to Amazon services for everything, including your browser or downloading apps.
- 90 day limited warranty is pretty short
- Small amount of storage
The Ugly – Flaws
- Fire 7 tablets have been known to stop charging. I believe it’s the USB channel in the Fire, so you have to hold the cord after some use.
- It is prone to freeze and I would rate the device as slow
Buy or Don’t?
Honestly, I wouldn’t buy another one. I recommend spending a bit more money on a higher quality Fire Tablet (if you don’t mind the limitations of an Amazon only device) or an Android tablet. The reason it gets 5 out of 10 is because of the price. You do get what you pay for and if you want a really cheap tablet, this is priced about what it’s worth.
I wasn’t impressed much except it feels sturdier than your average tablet. But if you’re looking to do a lot of different things on your new tablet, don’t get this one. It’s reasonably priced for a kid’s tablet though. Just don’t expect too much.
Really don’t expect anything and you’ll probably like it.
Want to look for yourself? Check out the new Fire 7 Tablets.
Anyone else who purchased this tablet want to share their opinion? Leave a comment below! I’d love to hear your thoughts on this one.